Monday, March 19, 2012

New Adventures for the Little Man!

Big week for the little man ..

Because of the things going on in school we are moving him to a new one - this week.

It's not ideal to do this in the middle of the school year, but for him it's the best... the new school has a program dedicated to kids with his kind of needs. He's understandably confused, scared, anxious - everything you don't want for a kid with the kinds of challenges he has.

At a meeting last week with the special ed team you could tell how difficult it was for the people at his school - there were tears (and not just mine). The principal, his teacher, the special ed team even the teacher from the NEW school!

This is huge and it's one of the hardest things I've gone through... sometimes I am so jealous of my sister who has the support of my parents close by - but me? I chose a long time ago to leave that comfort zone ... times like these make me wish I was still close, but at the same time, I am glad I am able do do these things alone (or somewhat alone)...

Just have to keep convincing the little guy that it's going to be a great adventure!!! I want him to be happy...

No comments: